Tuesday 3 December 2013

Revived Tradition – Print Project

So I’m just starting out on a new print project.  I’m working around a concept called Revived Tradition; it’s a trend that I am going to use throughout the whole project.  From my initial mark making I could see a link into this particular trend.  The concept revolves around traditional patterns such as plaids, tartans, argyle and checks which I will use to come up with my own print design. I can then use this print design to experiment in different ways.


I hope to change the texture, materials and colours of the print to create different effects.  I plan to change colour variations by using different pigments, dyes and binders. I can use my print design in different ways by using techniques such as silk-screen printing and heat pressing.
I started the project by mark making.  It’s easy to do, making marks with various materials and objects like old cotton reels, floppy disks and scrap metal.  I started just using the colour black to experiment with the marks that I could produce with the different materials.  I moved later on to use various colours and shades to develop ideas further.



Soon I should have the final design for my screen. I also hope to begin experimenting with the colours and fabrics.  I've chosen pink and blue as my colours, but it's going to take some research to see what fabric will work best for me.
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment