Tuesday 3 December 2013

Luminous Light – Knitwear Project – Final

As part of the final project I had to complete 20 fashion flats, a potential customer profile, 2 fashion illustrations and a technical file demonstrating the techniques I’d learnt.  This work was in addition to the knit samples and sketchbook.
I chose 2 designs from my fashion flats and turned them into fashion illustrations.  The 20 flats showed details of garment shapes and included swatches of fabrics and yarns as well as images of the specific knit sample that would be used on the final garment.
Creating a customer profile meant that I had to think about the type of person that I wanted to market my clothes towards.  I took into consideration things like age, income and examples of possible retailers where I could see my designs eventually being stocked and sold.


In the photo above, you can see two concept boards in the top right.  I produced these early on once I chose my colour palette for the project and referred back to them throughout.  The photo shows my base-space shortly before the final presentation to my group and tutor.  You can see my knit samples hanging below the desk, the photo below shows them up on the desk during evaluation.


Sam 

No comments:

Post a Comment