Sunday 15 March 2015

Blue Project



Dying Final Yarns

I have been dying my final yarns that I will use for the 6 samples I need to produce as part of my Blue project. I have chosen to use the two processes of Indigo dying and Acid dying. I enjoyed using Indigo dying as I found that I could get some really nice results in quite a short amount of time. Using the Acid dying technique I managed to achieve some really lovely colours that I was pleased with.

My inspiration for this project has been waves and I think I will be able to replicate this theme well through my samples, as the colours that I have produced lend themselves really well to the colours associated with water and breaking waves. I will also be mixing silver, white and cream in with my blue yarns to enhance the effect further.













No comments:

Post a Comment